Saturday, May 31, 2008

Yesterday....

* Sing with me now, you Parents! Sing the Beatles "Yesterday" with JihadGene*

Yesterday, my HEATHEN SON seemed so far away
Now it looks as though HE'S here to stay
Oh, I believe in yesterday.

Suddenly, I'm not half the DAD I used to be,
There's a CLOUD OF DOOM hanging over me.
Oh, THE END OF SCHOOL came suddenly.

Why THE BUS DRIVER had to go I don't know she wouldn't say.
I DID something wrong (TO DESERVE THIS?), now I long for yesterday.

Yesterday, PARENTING was such an easy game to play.
JUST SHIP HIM OFF TO SCHOOL,
AND HAVE A BEA-U-TI-FUL DAY.
Now I need a place to hide away.
Oh, I believe in yesterday.


***Yup. My son is out of school for the summer. I sure miss that yell'er school bus.
Miss it looong time!JG ;)

It really didn't sink in, that it was the last day of school, until the bus driver pulled away from the house like this...

3 comments:

That 1 Guy said...

Let the good times roll!!!

That's how our school bus arrived to pick us up... such great kids, we were.

Cappy said...

My daughter takes up residence in the CaptainSQL Fortress of Database Excellence in 10 days. Almost enough time for me to recover from the last two weeks on-call.

Countdown to college application up next this summer, live of the CaptainSQL Hour of SQL Power and indexing.

Teresa said...

Ah, I so remember those days. Better you than me. *grin* But you do have all my sympathy.