Thursday, April 2, 2009

Navy CPO Spoiled by Cilvilian Life


A Blog Friend named Scott has recently retired from the US Navy and now complains about his civilian job as follows...

Job: "One thing they do here that's nice is they have every other Friday's off. So this week we have a 3 day weekend. The bad part is we work 10 hour days and we start at 6am. Yuck. I hate getting up early, but i'll live."

Dude has got to be either...

a.) An employee of the State of California

b.) A member of the Teamsters Union

or...

c.) A Community Organizer

6 comments:

joated said...

The wife worked those "flex" hours as a member of team EPA working out if NYC. It gave her all kinds of time to run errands she normally couldn't accomplish on a weekday when that every-other-week day off came around. Of course, the long work days meant she was up and out at 5:30 AM and home again at 5:30 PM.(Luckily the commute was pretty short.)

Retired Navy CPO said...

It is a Union Job. Thankfully not the Teamsters. I probably would NOT be working here if that was the case.

none said...

Those are the hours for a lot of USAA employees.

Vixen said...

I go into work whenever I feel like. Of course, I work in the garage. And I don't get paid. But I can take off whenever I want.

Anonymous said...

He ain't no banker.

cb

Tammi said...

You're damned lucky it ain't the Teamsters. I *CAN* and *WILL* drive up there and kick your ass! :-) (message to RNCPO)

Teamsters. The very WORD gives me a headache!