Friday, January 4, 2013

It's Friday! Let's Dance!



At 0645 hours, that's six-forty-five AM (PST)...for you civilians....this Friday morning, my ruvly wife and I danced slowly to this song. It's beautiful. It's sad. Lot's of marriages breaking up. Some are 30 year marriages, even. That's not good...but God is. While we danced I asked my better-half why she hung in there, all these years, with me? She said, "God made me. He made me stay with you." So, I'm just plain giving thanks today. Thanks to God, while we slowly dance. Marriage is hard. Married life in the military is even harder. Keep our brave US Armed Forces in your prayers. Keep our military families in your prayers and especially this new year! God bless you all! Now,  let's dance...and may peace be in your heart...and most of all, love.

3 comments:

Coffeypot said...

Good for both of you. Did you ask her why God made her stay with you? What she did to deserve that punishment? That is what I would have to ask my Judy.

Kid said...

May peace be with you and yours and especially all those military and their families. Anytime I think I'm having a bad day...

"Love can be measured in the number of coffee pots we shared. For us it's 7 and personally I'd have left me after 2" - Chet Atkins

Six said...

You're a good man Gene and as lucky as you are to have her she's equally lucky to have you.

God bless you both.