Friday, September 7, 2012

It's Friday! Let's Dance!


Writing isn't always easy for me and I find my talents are best at like 4 or 5 AM. And now??? I'm working on "Love American vs Korean Style " installment #21...or something like that. It's the "mostly true story"about a nervous MP on duty and a proposal of marriage to a beautiful young lady...the ruvly Miss Kim. This was in mid-April 1975, at Depot Gate in Pusan, S. Korea. The day was beautiful, sunny, and springtime-weathery! A perfectly sunny 66 degree day! Well, instead of me spilling my guts here, you'll have to wait for the rest of the story (as Paul Harvey would say). Anyhow, suffice it to say that I proposed marriage and totally botched it! She hopped in a taxi and was gone, in nothing flat. Today's song is pretty much how I felt at that very moment in time. I knew I'd see her again though. She was the girl for me! For me or foe me....LOOONG time!!! So as you listen... and hopefully dance with us... to this old tune...please hold our wonderful US Armed Forces up in prayer, the troops and their families, pray for 'em! Pray hard!  Love isn't easy and the good Lord knows it isn't easy for military families. The marriages that hold together are rock solid and a beautiful thing to witness, as the years go by. God bless them all and all of you! You are awesome very LOOONG time!!! It's Friday! Let's dance! Our RUV to all, JihadGene-Great Reader & Family.

2 comments:

USA_Admiral said...

Love the Oldies and the story, Long Time!

Always remembering the Troops!

JihadGene said...

Thanks LOOONG time, USA_Admiral!!!